My vintage lane ... a street for indies !!















Hey Indies,

Ma vintage rue - my vintage street/lane
has got to be BRUNSWICK ST in fitzroy.

reason being a while ago i went on a shopping spree with my...nan and bought so many goods ... including my brogues. we kinda wondered aimlessly down the road going into shops that caught our eye.

one of my fav, and expensive shops that i went into is HAREM. very vintage, very floral, and the fitting rooms, omigosh!! stunned me. the prettiest of them all , includes heater, for warmth when in a dress, chairs, shoes just to decorate the room, floral walls, chandelier, mirrors, very vintage hooks. lol at first i went in to try them on when the lady stopped me saying, "would you like to try these on?" and just took my clothes after i said yes. at the time i was a bit shocked "why did she take them i was going to try them" was my thought. but once i stepped inside the fitting room i was like "oh, i see she hung them up nicely for me". "thx" i said, smiling, as she left. after that i took photos of the room just to show you what it was like in there. afterwards since i didn't want to leave the store empty-handed i decided to buy the circle mirror -like badget - with the picture of the girls facing away, for $7.95 .

anyway before this shop were countless vintage stores including hunter and gather, fun - accessories (was a sale, where i got the accessories from), gorman, a stationary shop called kami and a shoe store called ishoes. at ishoes i bought the most expensive thing i would buy and the prettiest shoes i have !! thats right the Brogues. the funny thing -for me- was when i asked for the shoes i pronouced it completely wrong and the lady kept asking "what??" untill i spelt it for her. :/ <i was like this afterward. expensive you may ask?? $110 for a student is very expensive. my friedns were literally like :OO when i told them. nan was like to my complaining aunt "they were pretty, and worth it. also great quality". LOVE her heapps <3.

however one of the lowlights were whatever i liked and most of the stores i went into were over $200 for things :( my reaction :O to a $95 scarf .

anyways if you come to melbourne check out brunswick st, fitzroy . a street for indies .

xoxo peachy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author